Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Opening Page

This blog will chronicle the experiences of students in an international health experience course in Durban, South Africa. The "students" (recent graduates and 3rd year students from the graduate program in Nursing) are from the MGH Institute of Health Professions located in Boston, Massachusetts.

Departure for Durban is scheduled for 6:10 EST 7/13/2005, with the group arriving in SA the 14th. Look back here for posts both prior to and after departure. The purpose of the course is to expose students to international health care in a country with varied health care challenges.

This blog is being shared betweeen all the students and the professor in this class. We'll introduce ourselves in a later post, but for now, I, Inge am making the initial posts. I'm the professor of this class, I've been a practicing Nurse for many years and a faculty member at the MGH Institue of Health Professions for 12 years. I've been very involved in various international healthcare projects. My books are a sample of the variety of subjects in Healthcare that I'm very interested in. Here is my Google Scholar link.

No comments: